Special disposal notes: Very limited seeding. Primarily spreads vegetatively from fragments and garden waste. Cut stems can layer – Hang up off the ground or leave up in vegetation to dry out. All other cut material should be disposed of to refuse transfer station, burnt or buried deeply.
How to Control:
- Dig out small sites (all year round). Dispose of roots and stems at a refuse transfer station, burn or bury deeply.
- Cut stump application: Cut and stump treat stems, within 10 minutes, with (5g metsulfuron/1L water) or (200ml Tordon Brushkiller® /1L water ), or picloram gel), or (100ml triclopyr/1L water) or (100ml Banvine®/1L water). Dispose of cut stems at a refuse transfer station, burn or bury deeply.
- Cut back and spray re-growth: Cut the vines at a convenient height in winter, and spray the regrowth in the spring with (10ml glyphosate + 10ml penetrant/10L water) or (2g metsulfuron + 10ml penetrant/10L water).
- Cut aerial vines and spray base: Large vines can be cut at head height (leave hanging) & sprayed below this in summer- autumn with (5g metsulfuron + 10ml penetrant/10L water) or (60ml Tordon Brushkiller®/10L water).
- Spray with (125ml clopyralid + 20ml penetrant /10L water) (ie 300g/L eg Versatill®) or (5g metsulfuron + 10mls penetrant/ 10 litres water) or (60ml/10L water Tordon Brushkiller®).
Very shy seeder, sites usually remain clear after treatment, however is hard to kill and follow up control is necesary. Check for new sprouts 6-monthly until clear.