How to Control:
- Hand pull seedlings, winch out larger plants (all year round). Plant material can be left on site.
- Cut stump application: Cut down low to the ground and treat stumps with (200ml glyphosate/1L water) or (5g metsulfuron/1L water) or (200ml Tordon Brushkiller®/1L water).
- Frilling: make a deep cut into the sapwood at regular intervals around the base of the tree, taking care not to ring-bark the plant. Immediately apply (250ml glyphosate/1L water) to each cut. Undiluted Tordon Brushkiller® can also be used but extra care must be taken when using undiluted herbicide.
- Injection method: Drill holes sloping into the sapwood at regular intervals around the tree. Inject (250ml glyphosate/1L water) into holes. If necessary wait until the liquid subsides then apply the remainder. Undiluted Tordon Brushkiller® can be also be used but extra care must be taken when using undiluted herbicde.
- Spray (all year round): (10ml glyphosate/1L water + penetrant).
Preferably treat coastal sites after rain to lessen effect of salt on herbicide. Total coverage needed.
Untreated stumps regrow after slashing. Not controlled by fire. Prefers open sites so revegetation programme should follow clearance that leaves bare ground.